1. R. Burnett, "Johan van der Keuken," Cine-Tracts, vol. 1, no. 4.1978,14-21.
2. Interview with Max Arian, De Groene Amsterdammer, 2 February, 2000.
3. Gilles Deleuze, The Movement Image (Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 1986).
4. Serge Daney, Jean-Paul Fargier, "Entretien avec Johan van der Keuken," Cahiers du cinéma no. 290-291 (July/August 1978), 63-67 (65).
5. Fred Camper, "The Way South", Chicago Reader, http://22.214.171.124/movies/cap-sules/17372_WAY_SOUTH
6. Svetlana Alpers, The Art of Describing (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1983).
7. Serge Daney, "La radiation cruelle de ce qui est." Cahiers du cinéma no. 290-291 (July./August 1978), 68-72.
8. This is a quote borrowed from James Agee and Walker Evans' Let Us Now Praise Famous Men (Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1941).
9. Serge Toubiana, "Le monde au fil de l'eau. Entretien avec Johan van der Keuken." Cahiers du cinéma no. 517 (October 1997), 44-55.
10. Arthur Rimbaud, La lettre du voyant, (15 May 1871, à A. P. Demeny).
11. Martin Jay, Downcast Eyes. The Denigration of Vision (Berkeley: University of California Press, 1993).
Was this article helpful?
If you have ever wanted the secrets to making your own film, here it is: Indy Film Insider Tips And Basics To Film Making. Have you ever wanted to make your own film? Is there a story you want to tell? You might even think that this is impossible. Studios make films, not the little guy. This is probably what you tell yourself. Do you watch films with more than a casual eye? You probably want to know how they were able to get perfect lighting in your favorite scene, or how to write a professional screenplay.